Re: [Harp-L] amp stand v's mic stand

Good tip on buying an ultimate 410 stand.
A while back there I created quite a sturdy 'bigger amp' stand for myself [for about $3.00] from a recycled childs safety feeding high chair from the dump.
 It folds fine and is obviously made to safety standards. You gotta find the appropriate chair, then I just took the overhead table off it and took the armrests away,cut the back legs down to angle it. Painted it black, some rubber padding and rubber feet added and it turned out to be just I needed.
It took probably half an hour or so to transform.
What is of more interest to me is an ultimate 'sturdy' boom microphone stand.
 I own half a dozen [*some better some worse]. What is recommended by harpl members, as a good brand/style that is indeed very strong, reliable and lasts the test of time?
Also, I sorta like the bullet mic holder which comes with the Bushman Torpedo mic? I made enquiries but can't buy one without buying the mic, besides I'd want a clip or rest to sit below the vocal mic somewhere. Has anyone an ideas on where I could find an appropriate  'clip' to hang a bullet mic off my boom/mic stand or a decent idea on how to mod one? By the way, I've seen the table like mic stand  'shelf' that Adam Gussow has used but I'm into just 'a bullet mic holder' that sits on the stand? - Thanks BJ