[Harp-L] Re: Charlie's Harps

Around 1990 I got a call to do a recording session with Charlie McCoy in Hamburg. On arriving at the studio I discovered the song was in Eb major and that I had no Ab harp to play it in 2nd position, which was what the tune called for. Charlie very kindly lent me his Vest Pocket Harp in high Ab, something I'd never seen before, and played a standard Ab himself. As far as I can recall the harp was tuned in the factory and had the key stamped on the top cover.

Photo from the session:

http://www.stevebaker.de/index.php/cds_books?type=2&site=details&id=28

Steve