[Harp-L] Open mic

Jflash said:
³The guy that was asked merely stated that the other harp players usually
bring their own amps or play through the p.a.?²

You weren¹t at the same open mic I was, because the guy who talked to me
said NOTHING about a PA! In fact, he implied that ³we brought OUR amps and
mics, you have to bring YOUR¹S. The place was almost empty except for the
band. No one came on and said ³Welcome to Open mic night². No one said hello
to the audience at all. That was my first time there. The last open mic I
actually went to was in NY city. If you mentioned you played the harp and
that you had ONE with you, you were almost FORCED to perform. That was 16
years ago. I¹ve been married since then and took my harp playing in the
basement. I decided through a recommendation of a friend to go to Zion on
Sunday night and maybe sit in with him. He didn¹t show up and once I
approached someone and said I was a harp player, that was the last I heard
from anyone. Not, ³hey, jump up, play a song² or ³We usually bring our own
equipment, but you¹re welcome to use mine if you¹re careful². So me and my
wife left, maybe to come back on regae night...