RE: [Harp-L] Re: Seydel 1847 @ ninety bucks

I invested in a set of 1847's and, while they're decent harps, I haven't been as impressed with them as I expected.  A reed on my G harp abruptly snapped at the base, near the rivet, within a week of purchase while I was doing minor tuning--given that I wasn't exerting particularly great force on the reed and haven't encountered this before while tuning any harp, I felt it represented a flaw in that particular reed.  Kinda disappointing--is there anyone out there who I can hire to do a reed replacement on this harp?  Anyway, I don't regret purchasing them but I'm not sufficiently smitten with them to buy more of 'em.

On a brighter note, I've recently purchase a few Hohner Deluxe Marine Bands and I'm quite impressed so far.  With club discounts at Coast-2-Coast I'm paying $45 apiece for them and they're really sweet harps--well-tuned, tight, loud, responsive.  So far so good--I would recommend you check them out.

John