[Harp-L] Re: Upon Charlie being elected ...

Let me start by saying that I would not try to distract, or detract from,
the popularity of one of the greatest, if not THE greatest harmonica
artist in the field of country music - that of my great personal friend
and idol, Charlie McCoy.

However, Steve Webb's blanket statement: "I think it's pretty clear
that no harmonica player has been heard as much by the public as
Charlie McCoy,..." while nearly accurate, is just a bit of over-zealousness.

Charlie indeed leads the world of harmonica in the country vein,
and in addition to his own albums as soloist, has recorded with
many artists, and was a featured instrumentalist on the popular
country show of yesteryear, Hee-Haw, among others. But he
also was Music Director of that show for the duration of that show.
His albums number in the 30's, which is another positive indication
of his popularity, and even his genius as musician.

No, I would not detract from his long history as a musician of many
instruments in addition to his absolute virtuosity of the lowly 10-hole
harmonica.

However, there is another giant in the industry who can accurately claim
to be "the most heard harmonica player in the world, of all time" - that
would be Tommy Morgan of Los Angeles, who is also a close personal
friend of mine.

To keep this short, I would direct all who are interested in this Phenom
to his website, with its many lists of recordings, TV shows, films, etc, etc.
I will guarantee that anyone who is not familiar with Tommy, the artist,
will be astounded at his accomplishments.

In other words, check it out at:

http://www.tmorganharmonica.com/bio.html
http://www.tmorganharmonica.com/Records.html
http://www.tmorganharmonica.com/TV.html
http://www.tmorganharmonica.com/film.html
http://www.tmorganharmonica.com/Appearances.html

For both Charlie and Tommy,
My best,
Danny

--
BassHarp

* http://www.bassharp.com/hcats.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/nwht-magnolia.htm
* http://www.bassharp.com/agt.htm
** Available for Ensemble and/or Session Work **