[Harp-L] Charlie

In 1980 I spent 3 days in a studio in Nashville watching
Charlie McCoy record a Randy Barlow Album.
I was in Randy's road band Branded.
I bought Charlie lunch one day and I still have the receipt.
I was amazed how quickly Charlie and his fellow studio pickers got things.
Sometimes a short discussion on meter, sometimes a slip of paper
with a short scribble, and sometimes a quick glance that can only come from doing
this more times than any other human probably!
I picked his brain and learned a couple of tricks and yes he was a great guy and told a couple of good stories
about years of recording.
There is an Album, the title is the Area Code of Nashville that I forget right now, that has
a Blues song on it that sounds pure Chicago.
I use to play this cut to trick friends and ask who they thought the Harp player was.
Nobody ever said Charlie McCoy!
Nobody deserves to be in this Hall more than Charlie!!!
Joe Mancuso