Re: [Harp-L] Upon Charlie being elected ...

Charlie doesn't have a conceited bone in his body. It is rare that I've met
someone with so much pure and schooled knowledge and talent who focuses on
getting the job done as priority one. His focus is not "dig me".

In this world of self involved and promoting "music stars", with flamboyant
clothing and over the top behavior seeking fame/fortune as a goal, Charlie
exists as a most competent professional who has removed his ego from the
equation.

Unfortunately, this shallow show biz world does not usually  reward the quiet
ones. As a result, Charlie has fallen into a "forgotten hero"  realm for the
most part, as the music industry is always driven by younger  producers,
writers, management, critics.

One of the most profound conversations I've had with Charlie was when he
told me his abridged version of his musical rise and fall, from beginning to
end, over the years, as statements made by "music producers".

1)   "Who is Charlie McCoy?"
2)   "Get me Charlie McCoy"
3)   "Get me a young Charlie McCoy"
4)   "Who is Charlie McCoy?"

The Country Music Award is long overdue, but better late than never, for
sure.

The Iceman

In a message dated 2/12/2009 1:29:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,