[Harp-L] #7 Polyphonia and Educators, Soprano and Alto

Thanks to John Broeker, JR Ross and Steve Baker for the info about the harmonicas. And I won´t miss
my hommage to Pat Missin.

JR Ross you´re absolutely right, they aren´t chord harmonicas. Examined them a little bit closer.
The holes in the "under row" are blows and the "upper" ones are draw notes. Also noticed that all of the
holes were extremely bendable. I think they maybe are used as "accompaniment"(is there such word?) instruments.
By the way, I can mention that my Pa left me 9 more harmonicas beside the 3 mentioned.
One Marine Band Echo No 683, 193 reeds, huge one 40 cm/1,3".One Chordomonica-II, Cham Ber Huang system in A. One Echo Elite C/G tuned. One Chromonica II in C, 12 holes. One Chromonica in C, 10 holes. One Trumpet Call "Rheingold" in A, 48 holes.One Camping in C, 32 holes.And Probably his favourite Weltmeister in C/G very well used.All of the mentioned are Hohners.
And last but not least, one called Olympia in C by C.A Seyel & Söhne.
Think my Pa was a harmonica player ;-) Well he played accordion to, Finn as he was. Lot of Tango...Got a couple of  them too, but that´s another story.

J Ross wrote:
"By pure co-incidence I was cruising Pat Missin's site today and also by pure coincidence he updated his page on "slideless chromatics" to include mention of the two Educator models listed here, and then we both read the post asking about them on harp-l.They aren't chord harmonicas..."
John Broeker wrote:
"Hohner made a series of Educator harmonicas in those years '30s to '40s), including a bass harp...The Hohner Polyphonia #7 was made from about 1930 to a little after 1971."
Steve
"...Polyphonia and  Educator Soprano are both listed as having been manufactured in 1939. The Educator Alto is not listed but it's not unlikely that it was made around the same time,"Regards Lasse The FinnSwede
Svårt att hålla kontakten med släkt & vänner? Skaffa Messenger nu!
http://download.live.com/messenger