[Harp-L] re: Rare Harmonicas?

By pure co-incidence I was cruising Pat Missin's site today and also by pure coincidence he updated his page on "slideless chromatics" to include mention of the two Educator models listed here, and then we both read the post asking about them on harp-l.

They aren't chord harmonicas (unless these are different models of some sort), but rather the same type of design as the Suzuki Alto and Soprano Singles and similar Tombo models. Here is Pat's site and the Educators are mentioned:

http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q24.html

The reference to the Educators is right below the picture of the Suzuki _____ Single hole layout. The Polyphonia/Chromatica type is also mentioned on this page.

These are fairly rare harmonicas, as they don't seem to come up on eBay all that often. The Polyphonia 7 is not particularly rare, but quite nice--these seem to come up on eBay regularly enough that you could find a semi-standard price. The Educators are hard to know price-wise simply because I've not seen very many for sale. Depending on condition I might set reserves at $150 for the Poly 7 and $250 for the Educators--but then I wouldn't really want to sell them so would price on the high side.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'