Re: [Harp-L] Re: Scary Fast Playing

I wouldn't throw Hendrixi in with Van Halen and Stevie Ray Vaughan. I detest the latter two, but think Jimi played music that was variously, pretty, soulful, angry, swinging and just amazing. The other guys are wankers in my book.
RD

>>> Gary Warren <gdubya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/02/2009 10:54 >>>
Yeah, I lament that Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi
Hendrix didn't stick
to playing diddley bo's like their predecessors too.  What a drag
they were not restrained.

Oh, and I remember when Superman was in black and white too.  (But I
do actually think
those shows were better somehow).  Now, the latest Batman, that's
another story.

'-)

--
Gary "Indiana" Warren

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
                                 Albert Einstein