[Harp-L] Fast playing

  Fast Players on the List-
  I recall Billy Branch, Phil Wiggins and Frederic
  Yonnet doing fast some tasteful licks (e.g. Hummel's
  Harmonica Blowout CD and the Crucial Blues Harmonica
  CD from Alligator Records, respectively). I am not
  sure I necessarily like fast playing probably
  because they tend to repetitive and lacking tone.
  Maybe there is a distinction between fast playing,
  scary fast playing, and to borrow Filisko's term-
  "weed whacking". I just can't tell. People just
  overdo it.

  It is hard to play [very] slow.

  Venk

www.myspace.com/harpdad