[Harp-L] RP250 and RP255 compatibility

I have just been informed by Digitech tech support that RP250 patches will NOT be compatible with the RP255 at the level of electronic transfer. I think this is a little bit crazy, particularly because it gives RP250 users who've built up a library of personal sounds a very good reason NOT to upgrade, but it's not my decision.

This news doesn't affect my development of patches for the RP250. It's clear to me that the RP255 is conceptually very similar to the RP250--when you compare specific features, amp models, and effects, they're very close--so when the RP255 comes out, I will simply enter the RP250 patches by hand into the new device and start testing. My guess is that they'll sound much the same. But we'll see.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog and latest mp3s at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Full mp3 library always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter