[Harp-L] Re: scary fast harmonica

As a critic of fast playing (mostly because I do not practice enough to get
fast) I have to say I enjoyed this video. He is playing in a genre that is
known for fast playing on most instruments and the notes he plays are
purposeful and appropriate. There is space made and pace changes that, for
me, make it enjoyable. Forgive the stereotyped reference, but, I recall
seeing a video of Popper playing the national anthem where he played so many
fast riffs around the melody that it was not recognizable. I guess that, for
me, it is not speed that is the issue. I have enjoyed watching Eddie Van
Halen play but get quickly tired of the repetitive riffs in some Allman
Brothers songs.

Derwood