RE: [Harp-L] Re: fast playing

Yes, perhaps my post was poorly worded--all I meant was what kind of themes or emotions might be conveyed with which type of tempo. Another poster already pointed out rage or anger being played fast.

But I like that tempo is now a diagnostic tool for personality type and hormone levels. By such reasoning, slow playing might equal too much estrogen?!!! Fast playing may indicate hyperventilation... or high blood pressure...

What I should have asked is what type of music demands what type of tempo stereotypically and what are some exceptions? I think we've done a comprehensive job covering what inappropriate fast or slow playing connotates... Actually, I've yet to hear anyone mention a time when they heard someone playing too slow or not enough notes--any examples of this?
-Marc