Re: [Harp-L] Bill Romel

This is truly a loss.  This is the first I am hearing this sad news.

I had a great visit with Bill and Betty out in Las Vegas back in 2003
or thereabouts.  He showed me a 16 hole harmonica he was about to mail
Tom Stryker.

Bill spent lots of time with me in his shop showing me how to do basic
repairs - for no money, as I wasn't making a big purchase.

After I got home, I offered to make him a new web site because I felt
his craftsmanship wasn't represented well enough on the web.

I think he was skeptical at first, but I assured him that I would just
put it together and let him see it.

He and Betty allowed me to post it - many of you have seen it at this point.

http://harmonica-workshop.com

I never wanted any money for doing it, but Bill did lots of work on
various chromatics for me, including a very nice 270 with hand carved
wood covers which he tuned to dimi tuning for me.  We had a nice
mutual arrangement going.  He sent me a number of tools as well.

I moved to Schenectady NY, from Boston, for family reasons and it
turned out that Bill grew up in Schenectady.  We exchanged a number of
emails on reminiscences of his.

>From that one visit to Las Vegas, I gained a friend and an excellent
harmonica technician.  I very sorry to hear this news and he will
truly be missed.

Betty, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jason Rogers

--
See the website I put together for Bill Romel:
http://harmonica-workshop.com