Re: [Harp-L] newbee question

With regard to the harps, the easiest and least expensive way to go is to
purchase a really cheap set of 7 or 12 harps. Check the Internet.

With the cheap harps, It's the most fun you can have for about $50 --
compared to a couple of hundred bucks on some really good harps.

Some will argue that   no one should ever use a cheap harp, that beginners as
well as more advanced players always do better with "quality" harps. But if
you want to get the most bang for your buck, get 12 cheap harps and you don't
have to worry "which key to buy next."

You can compare keys: an Eb   with an Ab or a Bb? The easiest and cheapest
way is with a 12-set of Johnson Blues, Hohner 7-set Piedmont Blues, 12 Jambone
harps. Or other brands?

Why should you spend $30-50 on a quality harp in a key you will never use --
just to see how that key plays?

And if you don't like 'em, give 'em to the kids or throw them away.

Hope this helps
Phil