[Harp-L] New Answers to an Old Problem

Hi All,

This issue may sound familiar to giggers.?

I was invited to sit in with a band last night.? Large pub venue with a VERY solid band.? My rig is a Fender Blues Junior with a Harp Commander vintage mic.? The Junior has good power but, as was the case last night, I had to crank it or be drowned into the woodwork by the two guitarists (with their Spinal Tap amp levels).? Of course, I walked the tightrope of great tone meets screeching feedback most of the night.?

The PA didn't?have enough?inputs to dedicate to my?amp - a not-uncommon situation - and the guitarists would turn down for a song or two but volume-creep with each solo.? So here are the issues/questions:?

* I know about Kinder but $350 is steep with kids in college.? I'm working on a new Buffalo amp but that's going to take some time too.?

* What techniques do you use to keep feedback at a minimum while still balancing with Spinal Tap-level volumes??

Thanks in advance for the tips.?

Joe K