To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 8:46 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records (slight return)

Yesterday at the library I was browsing through the latest issue of Blues Revue and there was an article on the Cadillac Records film, with it´s creative use of history re: Little Walter. (I have yet to see the film; not shown over here.)
The journalist asks the producer and writer/director directly about the need to ascribe a fictitious murder to an historical character and the producer, som bozo called Sofia Sondervan, says, predictably (I don´t remember it verbatim) something along the lines that you gotta spice up for the kids today.
Meaning that the hip hoppers need at least one murder in order to stand a feature film, and LW seemed like a good fall guy.

I´m not surprised, nor particularly upset -- it´s Hollywood --, just taking note of the sheer cynicism.

Also in this Blues R no. reviews of Carlos D J and Rishell & Raines CD:s.

Cheers,
Martin