Re: [Harp-L] Cool videos from the Blowout

Many thanks to Richard Hunter for a detailed reply.

 And, no perhaps not as many $$ as I suspected. But he has come a long way from going right into the board, as I read somewhere that he did during the War years.
 Perhaps this is a myth?

Cheers,
Martin

The rig Lee was using at the Modesto Blowout--which I understand to be his standard stage rig--consisted of (in order of chaining, from the player to the house sound system), Lee Oskar harmonicas, a Beyer M-260 double ribbon mic, a Digitech Whammy pedal, a Boss T-Wah envelope filter, another Whammy pedal, a very small boutique amp--I think the brand is Aer--and a Lexicon rack mount reverb.  The amp is designed to produce a clean sound--it's not the typical tube blues amp.

The mic is $800 or so.  A very good Lexicon rack reverb (the MX110) can be had for about $200--in fact, it's about the best buy you can get in a hardware processor, considering the quality of the reverbs, delays, and other time-based effects in that machine.  I have no idea what the amp cost, but I'll bet it ain't cheap--I'll guess it's in the neighborhood of $1200, and it could easily be more.  The Digitech and Boss pedals probably run about $100-$150 apiece.

Total it up, and you're in the neighborhood of $2500 dollars.  That's more than my stage rig costs, but it's not a hell of a lot for a rock star-grade rig that will last a lifetime.
(...)

Richard Hunter