-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Chandler <h_chandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This could be more unsubstantiated lore but if the facts contained in
the following web page are true, Charlie's contribution to what we now
know of as the number system are of no small measure.  Extending the
number system into chordal harmony and rhythm is a great leap from  a
single voice numbering system for choral arraignments.?
?