[Harp-L] Re: madcat's harp rack/mic

Madcat wrote:

>About the Madcat rack harp on a stand-
There is definitely a microphone in there!  It is a very small
dynamic mic.  It is a cassette machine replacement microphone that I
bought the mic at Radio Shack about 30 years ago (before inexpensive
condenser mics were available). The difficult part was cutting a hole
in the back of that binder clip.(snip)<

 OK, how did you manage to cut through it? I was thinking a drill press might work, but after being there for decades,  the local machine shop where I used to take such projects closed just as the 20th century ended, to be replaced by boutiques and condos. A pity. And another sign that I'm an old fart and times they are a-changin' ...

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA