[Harp-L] SPAH SPAH RAH RAH

Hey gang, as publicity director of SPAH I feel it is my duty to do a little
cheerleading for the organization today. In case you haven't noticed the new
website is up and it looks great. Bob Cohen did an excellent job and he
isn't done yet! I am sure that he will appreciate any feedback and
constructive criticism. There are a few ways for everyone to participate and
help with content. I encourage all to take a "spin" www.spah.org
<http://www.spah.org/>  and see what's cooking. I know that times are tough
right now for many but I do hope that some will take the plunge and join our
fine organization. Being a card carrying member of SPAH put you in some
pretty powerful company! We are only 7 months away from the annual
convention in Sacramento. I hear that the line-up is being finalized soon
and we are going to be enjoying a good dose of West Coast talent this year.
Now is the time to start tucking away some cash every month if you haven't
started already. There is no better harmonica event bargain than a SPAH
convention. You will get it all, first class teaching, world class
performances and life changing fellowship. Bud Gardner and the "Hoots" are
already unrolling the red carpets for all of you harp heads! Times are
indeed tough but that makes it even more imperative to take the time out and
invest in your mental, spiritual and physical well being! Remember harmonica
playing is very healthy for you. It's even more of a thrill when you do it
with a gang of hundreds from around the world!

I will be starting to ramp up my PR efforts soon. This year I am looking
forward to coordinating more live radio and TV spots promoting the
convention in the weeks before and during the convention. Any and all
"contacts" and ideas that California folks want to share with me will be
appreciated. I am also ready to start compiling a list of interested
participants for the spots. Feel free to email me, please just understand
that I can make no promises to anybody. I would also like to get our info
into some of the music stores in Sacramento and surrounding areas. Help on
that will also be appreciated.

I just had an email exchange with JP and the new Harmonica Happenings issue
is coming together nicely. One more reason to become a member of SPAH, only
members get to enjoy this unique, informative and harp heavy publication!

Warren Bee