Re: Charlie Musselswhite - was Re: [Harp-L] fave harpists

I don't recall whether or not I ever thought of Charlie that way, I've been going to his live shows every chance I get since the seventies. But that's exactly how I thought of Mark Hummel before seeing one of his shows. I would hear his recordings and think he was kind of a text book demonstration of harmonica styles, but not too exciting. Not so if you catch him on stage. There is no substitute for being there!

Recently during the thread on Paul Butterfield I had to wonder how many of the "non Butter fans" had ever seen him live. It was a life changing experience for me, I saw him in Feb of 67 and bought a marine band the next day. JDH