Re: [Harp-L] traveling with instruments

When I carry my full harp kit (85 instruments or so) on a trip, I put them in checked luggage.  I sometimes pack an RP350 in checked luggage also.  Why not?  The stuff is replaceable, often on short notice.

Whether or not there's gear in checked luggage, I usually carry a shoulder bag packed with a Seydel soft case with 17 diatonic harps in it, plus a CX12, plus a Fireball V mic, and sometimes an RP, plus essential cables, my Zoom H4, etc.  That way, wherever I'm going, I know I have something to play.  The down side is that I'm always hauling a lot of weight around on my shoulder.  One more incentive to exercise, I guess.

I accept that any TSA employee who sees that shoulder bag on an X-ray monitor is going to want to look inside it.  If my job was security, I sure would.

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter