From: Elizabeth Hess <TinLizzie2009@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] spah.org Content
To: "Bob Cohen" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 14, 2009, 7:09 PM

Bob,

I took a look through the web site, and it's already quite good!

One idea:  I am thinking about attending the SPAH convention this year (i.e. 2010), but feeling a little intimidated by all these heavy hitters on Harp-L, and the vigor of their exchanges, especially a recent thread about "these" players being better than "those" players, etc.

I am not a complete beginner, but I've only been playing for about 18 months.  Clearly, if I go to SPAH, I will expect to listen way more than play.  But a squib about why a non-expert player would still enjoy the SPAH convention -- and what he or she ought to expect from the experience -- would be a welcome addition.

Elizabeth