[Harp-L] Overblows "out of the box"

Jerome wrote:
Iâve heard about new harps which are supposed to be tuned for overblows âout
of the boxâ.....snip.....my question is: does anyone know what âoverblows out of the boxâ
means exactly? How is it done â manually?

   Harps are not "tuned" for overdraws.  They are gapped or more specifically, the reeds are gapped low.
There are other factors involved, but gapping is the most important.
   "Overblows out of the box" means that the harp is set up so that a player is able to OB  the harp without
additional setup.
   I don't know if these harps are mechanically set up to OD nicely at the factory, but suspect that the fine
adjustments are done manually.  To answer this for sure, I guess we would need to ask our mfg'ing harp-L
experts, reps and customizers, such as Rick Epping, Brendon Power, Rupert Oysler, etc.
  For insight into setup, you may want to search the archives and visit the many websites devoted to setting
up harps.
ron