Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] How Disturbed Are We?

I agree with Elizabeth but I will say that some degree of
traditionalism is a tip of the hat.  I hereby announce The Austin
Harmonica Band to be renamed later.  For two months, I have played
bass harp, Brad Trainham on Chord, Jose Ruiz, Connor Ochs, Dave Klein
and Steven Wheelie on chromes and diatonics.  We also plan to include
drummers and emulate the Rebirth Brass Band/ Dirty Dozen Brass Band
concept but with harps.  Last night we began work on Peg of My Heart.
I think it is only right that every harp band should know the tune.

To answer the original question, I think harp players are very
disturbed in their harpcentricity, but no more than most people are
about their obsessions.  The trick is knowing how to turn it off when
talking with muggles.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com