Re: [Harp-L] Re: Does anyone know what's being done about Marine Bands??? Warning serious harp heresy here.

Hi

Am Montag, 31. August 2009 schrieb David Payne:
> Hohner approached the Marine Band design (this was the Mouse
> Ear) with the idea that if you lift the coverplate away from the
> reedplate at every possible point, the vibrating coverplate would
> alter the tone.

I got this book "Hohner - The Living Legend" that was published for
the 150 Year anniversary. On page 126 it shows a Marine Band (ca.
1900)  with full length cover-plates, that are rivited left and right
to the comb.
I thought this was the way the very first MArine Bands were made. Am i
wrong? Were these just some kind of "special edition"?

--
Gruß,Frank