[Harp-L] I joined the Wally Peterman club yesterday

When I picked up the 48 chord, Wally told me "Dave, it's not a question of whether you are going to break a tooth or not. You're going to break a tooth. The only question is when."
Jason Ricci said the same thing in his admiration of chord players, including Wally. He said you won't find any good chord players who haven't broken a tooth at some point. All of which made me think that chord playing must be the manliest of all harmonica playing.

I've been playing the 48 chord in almost all songs on diatonic, taking leads on diatonic or chromatic, but the rest of the time, I'm playing the 48. Last night at a gig, we were playing Foggy Mountain Breakdown. I broke a tooth. I still don't have the stereotypical W.Va. smile, folks probably wouldn't notice it unless I said something, but a piece of tooth did get broken off.

One thing I've noticed about Wally from watching him is that when he makes a big jump a lot of times, he will attack the harmonica from the corner of his mouth first... I'll work on that. Now that I've joined the club, any more teeth breakage is unnecessary.

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com