  From: Winslow Yerxa
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx ; Thiago Cerveira - Bends
  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mulheres Gaitistas

        Nice to see Thiago on harp-l. He was at SPAH as a vendor, representing Bends harmonicas. He probably could have sold a lot of diatonics if he'd received his shipment in time. I did acquire from him a Bends 12-hole Tonica chromatic, which I like very much. (My chromatic column in the October issue of Harmonicasessions.com will review the Bends Tonica, along with the Seydel Saxony and the Suzuki G-48 (Grégoire Maret signature model)).

        At SPAH, Thiago spent a lot of time showing off both chromatics and diatonics and jamming with people, playing guitar and diatonic in a rack. This guy is a serious player - he played a wide range of music in the course of jamming, and even played John Coltrane's Giant Steps, on diatonic, while accompanying himself on guitar!

        Anyway, it's nice both to see Bends bringing new harmonicas to the US market and to see Thiago contributing here on harp-l.

        Winslow

        Winslow Yerxa