Re: [Harp-L] Howling Dog Phenomenon

B Boggs;

I have to agree...if they hated it...why would they come over and stick around...
to this end, i have trained my shitzu to hold a note if I raise my hand...he loves the response he gets.
Like any of us...he wants a little bit of the stage...
Problem is...now he barks into my practice time thinking it is his showtime.
The story about the ancient urge was relating to police sirens bringing out the call of the wild...
Sounds right to me...They really respond best when two high blow notes are not in balance. Does seem a little painful.
doggone it.
Grant