[Harp-L] Jim Fitting / Session Americana Video

I've just released another video of the Session Americana gig I attended back in June.

It's a very funny song called Mrs Murphy's Chowder.

http://www.musicalramblings.com/2009/08/session-americana-mrs-murphys-chowder.html

Jim Fitting, who I met on that occasion is truly a terrific player. I knew that before going to Boston in June, but my acquisition of the lost Treat Her Right album - appropriately entitled The Lost Album - and of the Sandbox, an hommage compilation of rarities featuring Mark Sandman, confirmed this to me. Listening to THR's cover of Gilded Splinters or the amazing rocker Doreen really highlights the unique role that Jim's harmonica played in that band and paves the way to Dana Colley's baritone in Morphine.

Anyway, I hope to catch Jim and Session Americana again in September. If you don't know them, check 'em out!

(Oh, yeah, and their albums are damn fine things too. My preference goes to Beer Town, but the latest Driving for Gold is very very cool too!)

Benoit