[Harp-L] Thanks SPAH and everybody there

Dear all,
I'm back to work after a week of blues, jazz, country, classical,
irish, even a glimpse of russian music, etc. everything with the nice
harmonica free reeds sounds, man what a week, I must confess though
that at some point got a little bit overdosed and had to go away from
the hotel. But seeing and listening to the young new generation, at
some point be around Mark Hummel, Rick Estrin, Andy Just, Joe Filisko,
Jason Ricci, Steve Baker, Dennis Gruenling, Brendan Power, David
Barret, etc. (to mention my blues masters), that was just like a
dream. And add the always friendly people and really friends there,
I'm always a bit shy about SPAH, it's my 4th one but I still feel shy
about coming in and talk and greet people, but when I get there and
they still remember this short latin looking guy always smoking,
drinking and with a sloppy playing and treat you as a friend, it's
such a nice experience.
I think there were already reviews so I'll not bother you with my bad
english, still I'd like to mention my highlights (I know I will miss
something):

- Overblowing seminar by Jason Ricci, there were many things that
Jason mentined and shows how mature he is now about his playing, and I
could tell that already at the Tuesday night show and I mentioned that
to a friend over there, then sharing a Jam with Otavio Castro (wow!).
- Effects seminar by R. Hunter, C. Michalek and B. Power, very nice
live presentation, still the most convincing one was Brendan with his
Korg Pandora.
- Amp setup seminar bye Jason Ricci, very nice and technically perfect
presentation, mic, compressing effect of the octave pedal, etc.
- Musselwhite, Hummel, Baker, Filisko and Sleight blues forum, each
telling stories how they started, Charlie sharing experiences with
Shakey Horton, etc. very nice.
- Late jams, even though veery long as Richard said, it's correct what
Mick says, it was a learning and joy experience, listening to the
masters but also to the new generation, man those kids can play! and
along with the patience and great support from Joe, Richard and sorry
forgot the name of the guitar player (!!) anyway, yep was long and
everybody was tired (I was at least), but Mark Hummel was in there
once, also Rick Estrin and Andy Just at some point. Plus Jason,
Barret, Buzz, Joe (yep Joe, we had the honor of listening to Joe
during the jams more than previous years), anyway the jams were a nice
way of sharing with people, more than playing (and I kind of sucked at
that), but we drank, talked, laughed, etc.
- Vendors, right, seeing the Sydel, Suzukis, Hohners, Bends,
Herigns... how with very important people of the companies as well,
harp is being taken seriously! that's great!

well my friends, take care and see you at the next SPAH,
cheers,
Javier aka Diabluz.