[Harp-L] Harmonica in bluegrass music

This discussion about harp in bluegrass music has shown up here a few times, but I thought I would add my own experience from this past weekend.
I attended a 4-day festival here at home, put on by a bluegrass organization of which I am a member.
 On Wed. night, I was jamming with a few other attendees. I was playing bass and there were maybe 4 guitars and one old guy playing harmonica from time to time. He turned out to be a very good first-position player, tongue block and able to play a lot of songs very well.   The cool part was that we soon discovered there were 3 more of us there that played harp.  Now, I don't expect to see harp in the acts on stage, because I m sure that would be considered a luxury.  There was one family band there where the mom made some noises on a harmonica, but I didn't consider it playing.
My point is, maybe the harmonica isn't a featured instrument, but that doesn't mean it is ignored by people who don't necessarily perform in front of crowds.
I was bummed a little because SPAH was going on at the same time. I hardly played harp during the entire festival, but I got a good workout on bass and I had a ball. Next year, though, I'm at SPAH for sure.
Steve Webb in Minn.