Re: [Harp-L] NJ cops hassle Dylan

On Aug 18, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Bill Kumpe wrote:

RE: They must have been racial profiling.

I don't know if race really has as much to do with it as location. Minority
on minority crime in many of these neighborhoods is just as bad or worse
than cross racial crime. I would see it as just the wrong person, wrong
place, wrong time. Also, the British tabloids are reporting that good ole
Bob has "wandered away" before. Eccentricity, boredom, senility, Howard
Hughes syndrome, who knows?

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK

Bob Zimmerman was born in 1941. I can see where a number of people would know who he was in 1961 (20 years). I can also see where some people would know who he was in 1981(40 years). But, (apparently) these police were born AFTER 1981 and so, by logical assumption by a normally prudent person, knowing who he was by 2001 (60 years) would already be a little iffy. For example. I happen to be almost 67 and could feaseably have 47 year old children and 27 year old grand children (and 7 year old GREAT grand children) lololol. I (for one) wouldn't expect my grandchildren to know who he was.

Now I can't speak for anyone else, but If, for example, I found a 68 year old man who LOOKED like a 68 year old man walking around in ANY neighborhood, I would want to know why? My reasons would be:
1... was he disoriented
2... possibly a 'walk away' from a 'home'
3... seeking a prostitute (some areas have high incidences of stds)
4... seeking drugs (isn't as far fetched as you may think)
5... was he lost
6... did someone dump him (like an irate wife) lolol
7... did his car break down...and where was it? was it being stripped?
8... Is the neighborhood generally safe
and yada yada yada

In other words, our outfit had a primary goal: It was: "Safety to the public". Anyone who has ever watched 'Dr. G. medical examiner' has seen where dead people are found and the good doctor has to find out why. It's always better to prevent an unnecessary death. It would sure bother me if Bobby was found dead after tripping off of a curb in the dark because some street light was out.

AND, here's the FIRST question I had when I read the story. "What was a person in Dylan's position doing looking at houses in an (obviously) run down neighborhood? Was he looking for inspiration for a song? Like Paul Simon's 'My Little Town', or Billy Joel's 'Allentown'? " lolol

just food for thought. smo-joe Il Morte Forte