[Harp-L] Harmonica Heroes

     I am embarrassed to say I just learned of Mark Sallings' passing, as he is one of my harmonica heroes. He often played in St. Louis, MO. just across the road from me in Jefferson Barracks Park. When I first started playing with intention some 8 or 9 yrs. ago, Mark told me there's no excuse for not practicing, 'cause it fits in your pocket. Anyone who has heard his music can attest to his excellence. He is my favorite because he took anyone's songs and played them from his own heart. RIP, Mark
     So, my top three harmonica heroes are;
1. Mark Sallings -Multi-talented musician and songwriter.
2. Sandy Weltman -A master of the chromatic scale on diatonic ala Howard Levy. A great instructor, and a kind, gentle, patient and giving person. He gets the jazz juices flowin',
3. Rod Piazza -Oh, my!- if he doesn't grab you and make you dance, yer just plain deeef! I wish everyone's harmonica came with big, fat sexy sax sound.
    Who's your hero?
-Matt