From: John Kally <jkally3@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2009 12:11:17 AM
Subject: RE: Frank Floyd is the Man

Dave Payne wrote:
Wow. He is the man! He is a guy we really need to at least be aware of... etc
Dave,
I met Frank Floyd when I was in college, mid 1970s.   Folk musician/folklorist Mike Seeger had put a tour together of various  obscure folk and blues artists and was making the college circuit, with Frank on the bill.  The afternoon of the concert, some of the artists gave informal workshops on the campus lawn, and Frank really displayed his showmanship to some of the amazed students passing by on the way to class.  He would play guitar with his harp stuck in the side of his mouth like a cigar, kind of shifting it while he sang.  Then he put down the guitar and played one harp with one nostril while the other harp was  still in his mouth.  Not exactly high art but pretty entertaining.   And as to the "adult content" of his material, good thing no children within earshot.   He seemed to be having a great time, and we talked for a bit before the show that night, where he really brought down the house to a crowd of a couple thousand.  Something to see, and
 thanks for bringing back the memory.
John Kally (incidentally a happy customer of Elk River and C2C).