  From: Reach Mann
  To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:39 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] interesting story

  Had to go to the emergency room at 4:30 am last Sunday. . Wanted to capture some stuff while I could. So there I was playing four nights a week with a bite wound on the left side of my tongue and then just add the secrete ingredient. Dirty harmonicas! They were due for a cleaning, but, too late Jimmy, you loose Buckwheat!
  I had to write the problem and info on a 3x5 card while I was sitting in the ER parking lot, couldn't
   speak. They knew it was an emergency and right there in the ER the Doc whipped out a monster needle and with no pain killer asked my to put my head back and lift my tongue. Stuck that sucker in and sucked out 8 CC's of puss, wiggled it around and sucked some more. Holly Harmonica Harry! Right into intensive care with IV's and on antibiotics, still taking pills at home for five more days. So how's that for a story?
  A much used thread here about harp cleaning and if this doesn't drive home the importance I think nothing might. I never eat before playing or on break but you can't help but to accumulate some gunk so be careful. It could have killed me.
  I'm learning how to edit my footage and hopefully will post some stuff down the road. I play a lot of side percussion to add to the band instead of just standing there, I think you'll find it interesting. I'm almost recovered, thank you.

  Reach