Subject: RE: [Harp-L] CURE for Robert Bonfiglio's "bloody safe" lament

Michael: then look no further than Jason's version of Sun Ra's
'Enlightenment'.  I'm not sure if Garry has it up yet in the Archives from  Wednesday's
Terra Blues Gig, or Last Sunday's Morristown Unitarian Gig...but  even just
that one song from the new album 'Done with the Devil' debuted  to excited
applause.  The album version is astonishingly good,  incorporating as it
does both Chord, Bass and polyphonia harmonicas.

I played it for a couple of non-harmonica fans and they were simply
thrilled by the sound, loving that one instrumental as a stand-out on the  album
(among other excellent songs such as my other favourite 'Broken  Toy').

Terra Blues was packed as I've never seen it before..I was back at the Bar
for a while and got to hear comments I wouldn't normally. People were
absolutely  blown away by just how innovative and 'new' Jason's and New Blood's
music is. He  drives the bar ever upward (as you already know Michael, but
perhaps some here  don't).

The album's available now...Robert, give a listen<G>:

_http://www.jasonricci.com/music.php_ (http://www.jasonricci.com/music.php)

Elizabeth

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:02:57 -0700
From: Michael  Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp -l _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

<snipped>
"I  too love Paul DeLay and think that he WAS one of the most innovative
harmonica  musician of the last 50 years. We will probably have to look to
someone who is  currently putting out new material for our answer to "bloody
safe," otherwise we  may just be retreading the ODBG worship as our model for
innovation. Innovation  is only innovative for a short time, then it moves
to classic status. I think  that Maestro Bonfiglio was looking for the next
innovators. I do plan to get  that CD set, because Paul was mighty
impressive.

Michael  Peloquin"

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax