RE: [Harp-L] CURE for Robert Bonfiglio's "bloody safe" lament

> Larry E. posts:
> Harmonica - hear the same things over and over?
>
> Here is the cure:
>
> http://www.pauldelay.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=62&step=4
>
> Order this new release - "The Last of the Best - The Paul DeLay Band Live"
>
> It's a culmination of two live shows in 2004 and 2006. In this particular line up of musiians, Luis Pain (Hammond Organ) and Dan Fincher (saxophone) are missing, so most of the material is more solid blues and basic blues grooves rather than the original compositions that transcended this genre.
>
> Too true that we've heard basic blues over and over - nothing new here. What is new is listening to Paul solo on diatonic and chromatic - amazingly original in concept and delivery - over these old forms.
>
> Having been a total fan of Paul since 1995, his playing here is a culmination of all that he has developed over the years harmonically.

I too love Paul DeLay and think that he WAS one of the most innovative harmonica musician of the last 50 years. We will probably have to look to someone who is currently putting out new material for our answer to "bloody safe," otherwise we may just be retreading the ODBG worship as our model for innovation. Innovation is only innovative for a short time, then it moves to classic status. I think that Maestro Bonfiglio was looking for the next innovators. I do plan to get that CD set, because Paul was mighty impressive.

Michael Peloquin

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax