Re: [Harp-L] temporay lost mojo mormal

Abner,

I went through all of this too. People are going to be mean, that's just
part of the deal. Don't let it affect you, brush it off your shoulder. have
the courage to go up to them and ask what you did wrong. if they are being
an ass to you because you weren't up to their professional standards ask if
they weren't once learning also, or they were always Stevie Ray Vaughn from
birth?

they probably got treated like that too and now using their chance to give
it back. but really be strong enough to seek out the opinions and factor out
any hateful stuff and judge whether it's good input and use it to improve.
you get a lot of scars on the path to being a musician, that's just the way
it is. i've found they can be more brutal than in sports, which was shocking
to me. in many cases due to booze/drugs involved.

but if it's an open jam, you have a *right* to be up there and work on it
and improve. record yourself and use that to measure your progress and judge
for yourself.  try to get in the early sets before the self-perceived hot
shots get up there, they are into posing many times and don't want anyone
messing up their sets (um, it's a jam dude, if you have to go here to stroke
your ego you have issues as well).

Bill Hines