RE: [Harp-L] new recording of "Over the Rainbow"

> A nice version of the song.

---I must have missed something...which version are we talking about? Link?

>  Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this particular sond was
> the impetus for West Virginia Bob's foray into the world of chromatic
> harmonicas.
---That's right...about 4-5 years ago I became frustrated trying to play this tune on the diatonic, and about the same time saw here on the "L" that Bonfiglio was gonna do his seminar...now I'm a much better chromatic player than I was, a much better musician than I was [I'm not as strong on diatonic but I can still do that too]...but wow is my playing still a work-in-progress :-)

Am also flabergasted that you remember this, fjm!

WVa Bob

P.S. Ironically, I still really don't play "Over the Rainbow" particularly well...the more I've learned, the less important playing that song has become to me; one of these days I need to really woodshed on it some...

http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009