[Harp-L] many thanks to jason ricci

our Habitat fundraiser on sunday was a big success.
we had a good enthusiastic crowd, the band was amazing,
everybody had a great time.  and we raised a bunch of
money for this year's Habitat project.

i'd like to thank everyone that came out to the show.
it was gratifying that we had a lot of harp-l folks come
out to support us.  i got to meet people i only knew as
email addresses.  i hope you all had as good a time as
i did.

most of all i'd like to thank Jason and the band for giving
of their time and talent to create this wonderful experience
for all of us.  Jason likes to act as if it's no big deal,
but it is a really special thing that he does for us and
our children and, through them, for our world.  someone will
have a home thanks, in part, to his generosity of spirit.
the rest of us will have great music and many happy memories.
we are so lucky to have friends like this.

the recording of the event came out great.  one nice thing
about this show is that the sound is really great, and there
is very little crowd noise (unlike bar gigs).  the sound
fills out this large meeting space (roughly 65' circular room).
listen to the opening "afro blue" or "enlightenment" with your
stereo turned up.  awesome sound.

check it out at:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2009-04-19.flac16
if you're so inclined, please think about adding a review.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West