Subject: [Harp-L] In New York until Thursday,any ideas?/ Jason Ricci

That's great, Abner. I'm glad more people are becoming aware of this gig.
It wasn't publicized for some reason, but now word of mouth is helping.

Just an addendum...for some odd reason, Terra continues to misspell Jason's
 surname as Richie...instead of Ricci...go figure. ;)

You've mentioned loving that 'blues sound'...so if you want to hear some
really great and authentic Blues, do yourself a favour and get a copy of
Keith  Dunn's CD 'Alone with the Blues'.  It can be purchased through CD  Baby.
Here's a link where you can read some reviews (including one by  me)...I'd
quite forgotten how much he impressed me ...one of my  first harmonica album
purchases. Keith's is an authentic contemporary  American Blues voice...a
rarity, although he now makes his home in Amsterdam.

_http://cdbaby.com/cd/keithdunn_ (http://cdbaby.com/cd/keithdunn)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth thank you, I missed the last time Jason  was in town.  I sent the
email to Family members who I know will love his  work.

----- Original Message -----
From:  _EGS1217@xxxxxxxx (mailto:EGS1217@xxxxxxx)
To: _keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Cc: _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:11  AM
Subject: Subject: [Harp-L] In New York  until Thursday,any ideas?/ Jason
Ricci

Hey Keith!:

Long time no talk to :).    Jason Ricci and New Blood will be  playing
Terra
Blues (Bleecker  Street) on Wednesday night 4/22.  For some  reason it
never
made  it onto Harp-l's gig list.  I'm sure a few harp-l'ers  will be in
attendance (me included).  I asked Jason last night if it was   okay to
post the
information here, so it's timely for you if you wanted to  see  him in
person. The band's new album 'Done with the Devil' is  debuting  4/21.  I
just saw
them yesterday (Sunday) playing in  Morristown,  New Jersey for Garry
Hodgson's Annual Habitat for  Humanity gig (to raise  funds to send a crew
to South
Carolina this  summer).  Quite a few  harp-l'ers showed up, and he put on a

helluva show for us. Some of the songs  were off the new album  (getting
rave
reviews), and definitely worth  catching Live.

Regards,

Elizabeth

P.S.   I just noticed another mention of Jason's gig here...and  the idea
that Terra Blues gets crowded. Yes, that 'can' be true, but mostly
towards
the front (at the Bar). Usually there are still places one can  squeeze
in.
And Jason starts fairly late and continues  on until 2am or even
later....when sometimes only those diehard  friends and fans of us are
left....or  those
either not working the  next day or willing to forego sleep ;)  Don't  pass
up his show  because of the off-chance the place will be too full...chances

are  there'll be room and loads of people to meet and chat with in between
sets.  Mention who you are and a harp-l guy to Jason and you'll have  a
friend
for  life (if you haven't previously  met).

"Message: 2