Re: [Harp-L] Re: Acoustic harp blues

Since solo acoustic harmonica is under discussion, I feel obliged to mention my two CDs of solo acoustic harmonica, "The Act of Being free in One Act" and "The Second Act of Free Being."  About 25% of the repertoire on these CDs is blues. The first CD in particular features solo harp versions of "Baby What You Want Me Do," (Jimmy Reed) "Blue Monk" (Thelonius Monk), "Too Late" (Little Walter), and "Comin' Home Baby" (Ben Tucker).  Full disclosure: before I recorded "Too Late", I called Peter Ruth to ask if he minded if I stole a couple of his licks from his live recording of the piece from SPAH, way back in the 1980s I think.  (He was okay with it.)

Both CDs available at Cdbaby.com.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mo3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter