Re: [Harp-L] music

  Robert Bonfiglio wrote- " We all sound like
  somebody. Is that okay?"

  I guess that is OK to a degree- your average
  audience may like you more because you sound like
  Little Walter, for instance. In a general
  sense, having a point of reference helps to
  appreciate the music being played for many. That
  works for musicians as well who just make it their
  business to sound like somebody (as in Tribute
  bands).

  I like musicians who don't sound like anyone but
  themselves. I like Frederic Yonnet, Chris Michalek,
  Michael Peloquin, Brendan Power, Jason Ricci, Carlos
  del Junco, Adam Gussow and PT Gazell, just for those
  reasons. Improvise, improvise, improvise.

  Peace.

www.myspace.com/harpdad