Re: [Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite

Man, we were so, so lucky to have Charlie in NC!! It was an "add-on" date to his current tour, as he was driving from the Northeast to get to Mississippi (as he says : "you have to stay busy... or the road will eat you up...")...and what a thrill, an honor, and a dream-come-true that he invited me to play a song with him. It has been amazing to get to know Charlie, but to actually stand next to him on stage and trade licks is just beyond description for me.

I also want to thank the generous builders of Megatone amps (http://www.megatoneamps.com/) for bringing, setting-up and dialing-in their terrific amp for me to play through.

Charlie was off down the road early this morning, headed for the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale, MS, where he will be honored (and playing!) at his reception as "Charlie Musselwhite: Citizen of the World", and the opening of a new permanent exhibit about his life and music: http://www.deltabluesmuseum.org/high/news-charlie_musselwhite.asp

...and then on to Kosciusko where the will unveil his Blues Trail Marker: http://www.highway61radio.com/?p=1652

I have often thought how wonderful it is that Charlie is with us, still rolling down that highway, he and his road-tired bandmates hoisting their amps out of the back of that simple van, setting up to "kick these blues around" yet another time...still here in the present: living, breathing, giving us such a gift of his presence, while also being a storehouse of information and relationships in the very creation of modern blues.

In a world so rife with dissipation and early self destruction Charlie stands as a beacon, an example, and a friend to all of us who love the harmonica, and the music it makes.

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

Rob Paparozzi wrote:
Charlie is ALWAYS amazing!.....you really didn't expect Rupert to just hand them out like candy did you,-))))

I'd love to play the Piedmont Blues PS show!!! Have their people contact my people!!,-)
Thanx rob paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>