Re: [Harp-L] Wireless rig: Line 6 X2

Well, I tried it out in the store at Guitar Center and I was pretty
impressed.  The guitar player in my band and I each bought one.

Here is a picture of the receiver in my little pedal board:
http://www.roadhousejoe.com/files/pboard01.jpg

-The pedal board is the Boss BCB-30.  I don't need many pedals, and this
folds up like a briefcase; very convenient.
-The Line 6 X2 wireless receiver is on the right
-Next is the Boss GE7 equalizer pedal
-Next is the DeltaLab DD1 digital delay, made by Texas Instruments.

The Line 6 X2 is digital, so there is no squelch.  It runs at 900mhz, so the
new FCC bandwidths do not interfere.  It's effective rainge is said to be
100 feet, maybe a third of more expensive units, but it seems like plenty of
range to me.

I A-B'ed it against a mic cable and I could hear no difference in tone or
volume at all.  So far, I've heard no drop-outs or static.  I'll work it
harder at band practice today and see what happens.  The price was less than
$199 each (we bargained them down) and it has a 30-day return policy, so I'm
covered it it turns out to be unsuitable.  I'll report more on it later here
and at the Blues Harp Amps website.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/