[Harp-L] Fwd: Message delayed (jkoryta@comcast.net)

That harmonica came out right about the time that John Phillip Sousa and a band called 'The President's Own' band was touring the world. The band was made up (at the time) of U. S. Marines. This is no longer so. The band is now made up of musicians who wear a uniform that is the same as the Marines, but they are NOT members of the Marines. They sign a 2 year contract, with options to renew...IF asked to stay on.

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. This band made quite an impression while on tour and Hohner decided to capitalize on their popularity by naming their 1896 model after the band. Meanwhile, you would have one he!! of a time trying to play the stuff that the band plays on a Marine Band harp.

smokey-joe