[Harp-L] Harp-L] Prewar Seydel Harmonica in the movie "Australia"

Hey David thats rather interesting.
I haven't watched the 'Australia' movie yet. It sounds better already.
Your historical facts about Alberts & Sons and Seydel are very accurate as usual. An interesting 'read' over here is 'A band in a waistcoat pocket' by Ray Grieve. he Story of the harmonica in Australia[currency]. It's probably a fairly rare book now. It was carefully crafted around the mid '90's I believe.
I actually was given an autographed Boomerang [shaped] diatonic [in it's box] which Isometimes use in my show. It plays'cross harp' great.. but is an awkward gimmick to use in actuality.
 It was given to me from a legendary Australian drummer who worked with me in my band Delta Amps called Ray Arnott.
Ray played drums with ACDC on occasion and was an important member of Melbourne and Sydneys 70's pop rock bands like Spectrum, Jimmy Barnes + many others. He created 4 solo albums with a who's who of  the Alberts studio signings abnd sessions people including Angus Young and Ross Wilson [Daddy Cool]. Ray was undoubtably  'the' finest blues shuffle drummer I've ever had the pleasure of  working with.
The Boomerang shaped harp came from the Alberts studio's in North Sydney where 'all the gang' had apparently been presented with one from Vanda & Young 'The hit producers' at the time. I also picked up a very early 20's 30's ? 'fanged' model for $50 from a local antiques store. It is also diatonic but double chambered. It plays with a few sour notes but has the most beautiful 'genteel' waltz -like sound. It is like an amazing  time chamber into simpler  and more innocent times. I think that vintage harmonicas are often quite extrodinary. I'd love to hear more stories of peoples collections and how they found their special treasures.